Magnetic Measurement Solutions for Automation
BOGEN provides automation technology with magnetic measurement systems for many applications:
- Monitoring of the carriage position in electric/pneumatic linear drives
- Measurement of rotation speed and position at axes and rotary drives
- Commutation control in electrical drives
- Positioning in XY stages
- Systems insensitive to vibration, humidity and dirt
- No contact, no wear
- High fitting tolerance
- Easy mounting
Case Study Automation
Most commonly, optical speed sensors are utilized to measure the rotation speed of the rotor units on wind turbines. In general, such speed sensors are susceptible to vibration, dampness, and dust, and have to be protected against dirt for secure operation. In addition, the production of such sensors is difficult for large shafts and is thus expensive. Problems are also caused during operation by heat expansion and stock rotation in the motor units.
Together with a manufacturer of high-quality speed sensors, a robust and maintenance-free magnetic solution with a circumference of 800 mm was developed and produced. The speed sensor is applied directly to the drive shaft without any major mechanical effort, which allows a radial space of 1 mm between the rotary sensor and the sensor unit.
- Excellent for large shafts
- Extremely small dimensions
- Robust against vibration, dampness, dust, and dirt
- Large radial and axial space between the rotary sensor and the sensor unit
Products for Industrial solutions
Linear sensing heads
BOGEN offers a wide range of linear sensing heads. BOGEN can adapt these sensing heads for different applicaions.
Find more information about
Using a flexible manufacturing process BOGEN offers scales for arbitrary lengths with different pole lengths. BOGEN uses different accuracy classes for linear scales
- A03 +/- 3 microns maximum deviation of a pole boundary of the ideal position
- A10 +/- 10 microns maximum deviation of a pole boundary of the ideal position
- A20 +/- 20 microns maximum deviation of a pole boundary of the ideal position
- A40 +/- 40 microns maximum deviation of a pole boundary of the ideal position
- A100 +/- 100 microns maximum deviation of a pole boundary of the ideal position
BOGEN produces linear magnetic scales with one or more tracks. A reference point or index can be written in the second track, which is used as the zero point for the control.
Find more information about
BOGEN products support customers with diverse solutions for rotary measurement, both incremental and absolute. Rotary solutions are used for continuous or discrete positioning, motion control, such as commutaton, and many other solutions.
Rotary measurements requires two components:
BOGEN develops and produces both absolute and incremental angle measurement solutions. In the combination of individual sensing head and task-specific scale, an optimal rotary measuring solutions can be developed.
Or contact BOGEN to get professional advice how to engineer the best possible solution.